Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Busy week

Yes our family has had a busy week. Here is a summary of Harlan's first Halloween weekend.

Friday~ Happy Halloween. Harlan went trick or treating with Gigi and Libby. Harlan went as a puppy (see pics below). Reports are that he was the cutest little trick or treater out that night!

Saturday~ Mommy, Daddy and Harlan headed down to the Watt's camp for a Halloween party. Lots of family were present and Harlan had smiles and giggles for everyone. Harlan met Aunt Ana's father and niece from Brazil and he really liked them. Ana had him giggling and laughing a bunch, you know that really funny belly laugh. Of course Mommy forgot her camera, so no pics from the fun. Rumor has it that Harlan might be going on his first Rhino ride sometime soon. (Not the animal, the ATV!) It has seatbelts so grandpa can strap his carseat in and go. I predict he will love looking around, esp up at the tress as they go by, or he will fall asleep from the sounds of the motor. Harlan also really liked the big campfire. The orange glow had him mesmerized.

Sunday - we had a lazy day, headed home, and didnt do much of anything else. Mommy and Harlan even fell asleep before the we could see the Colts beat the Patriots.

Some new exciting things going on in Harlan's World ~

*Harlan in now rolling from his back to his belly all by himself, without mommy cheating and helping. He did it first at Gigi's house last week and has been a rolling fool since then. This morning I found him in his crib trying to roll but his feet were caught in the bars on the side of his crib. Did I mention I still really need to get those bumpers on that crib*

*Daylight savings time means nothing to Harlan. He is going to bed an hour earlier but he is also getting up an hour earlier. Darn you daylight savings time! My idea of welcoming winter is not getting up between 7 and 8 am to feed my chuncky little baby. The good news is Harlan does lay back down in bed with Mommy after his bottle and sleeps another couple of hours. Mommy is not an early riser (that's what working nights will do to you)*

*Teething. I believe Harlan is somewhere in the teething process, but luckily he is not in the uncomfortable stage of teething. He gnaws on his hands and anything else he can and he drools like crazy. His cheeks are often really rosy too. This morning he did wake up crying and was very difficult to soothe. After trying everything Mommy started rubbing Harlan's gums. I was trying to feel if anything felt like a tooth. Nothing did, and his gums did not look swollen or red. Daddy brought in some oragel and life was good once again. So we may see a tooth soon or we may not. We will be watching. Let's call it TOOTHWATCH 2008. Dont you need something else to watch now that the election will soon be over?????*

*This morning Harlan went with Mommy to get some bloodwork done. Three different people who were ooohh and ahhing over him asked me "how old?" When I told them he was 5 months I got the same response from all three. "Wow isnt he big for 5 months?" Well, no actually he is in the 50th percentile for height and weight. The funny thing is, just 3 months ago, all i heard was how little he was for 2 months old. haha that just shows you, everyone has an opinion, but you dont have to listen to them all*

Well that is a quick update. I have posted some pics below for your viweing pleasure!

1 comment:

Jenn's Little Blog said...

I know I say this everytime, but he's getting soooo big!! I love his Doggie costume :) Hope all is good and hopefully I'll see you all soon.

Love,
Aunt Jenn