Saturday, April 25, 2009

Hey Harlan, Someone Forgot to Tell You.........

You are supposed to be sick. Harlan was diagnosed with bilateral ear infections and possible strep throat yesterday. He is on his very first antibiotic (amoxicillin) and also was prescribed some drops for his ears that will numb them and help with the pain. We are also giving him tylenol and motrin and lots of love. He has a wonderful day today with only some brief moments of fussiness, usually about the time his next dose of tylenol or motrin was due. Mommy had a blast today playing peekabo on the bed with little man and playing with him outside. Here are some pictures from the day

Getting ready to go outside. We were trying out the sandals that Tia Ana and Tio Travis brought Harlan from Brazil. They are still a bit too big, but they were very entertaining from him to play with.

I got it off my foot Mommy. Can I play with it now?

Haha, got the other one off too!


I am sooo cute and I know it



This is where Harlan hangs out while Mommy showers

Harlan is eating his greens just like his shirt says

He is also eating his purples!
This is the new juice that Harlan is drinking. He seems to like it better than just regular fruit juice.

I was helping him drink it out of a regular big boy cup when he decided he could take the cup and give himself a big ole drink. Unfortunately, he dumped the whole cup on him. He was sad his juice was all gone

Licking it off his fingers sure tasted good. And are you not just loving the alalfa look he has going on here! haha guess we need to find some baby shampoo that prevents flyaways!

Play time. Look at how he is standing on a toy to reach further into the toybox. My boy is a genius!

Outside playtime. He is chewing on a mesh feeder that you can out food in so a baby wont choke. I found that putting ice in it, helps with teething pain and it seemed to feel good on his throat today too. of course he is chewing on the wrong end, what a rebel


Harlan is also saying a new word. When he is upset or when you are holding him or not allowing him to do what he wants he has been saying "nah, nah, nah" I am convinced he is saying no, no. it is at the appropriate time when it seems like he would want to being saying no. And I know he hears the word plenty enough to begin imitating it. Mama has to be next right???

1 comment:

Ana said...

Lisha I loved the bees on the blog.. so cute. I hope Harlan can use those sandals in the summer, he will look cute. I know he does not like shoes but at least he can play with it hehehe. We had a fun at the dinner tonight, thanks for coming over and great job on the salad!