I have to share something that I was incredibly touched by. One of my mom's coworkers lost her daughter last week in an extremely tragic accident. I could always tell that this was a nurse that my mom really respected by the way she would talk about her and tell stories from work or nursing school. I had the chance to see an interview with her and her husband after losing their child. They made the self less decision to donate their daughters organs so that other children might have a chance to live. You can hear the family's story here. http://illinoishomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=28401
If everyone could keep this family in their thoughts and prayers today as they lay their daughter to rest.
I cannot begin to put myslef in this woman's shoes or understand how she has the strength that she has after it seems so unfair that her little girl was taken so suddenly. All I can do is hug my baby boy a little tighter and hope he gets all he can from everyday, because you never know if he has a higher purpose on this earth, as this little girl did. I may never ever meet this woman in my life, but I feel as though she has helped me be a better mother, because I will strive to make every day of Harlan's life special, and quit being so scared of all the little stuff that might happen because it is taking away from all the great stuff that is already happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment