Players: Little man, Mommy and Daddy
Momma's Point of View
We were all having a nice dinner and little man had been exceptionally chill and well behaved during dinner. While we were waiting for the check, mommy decided to pick up little man and let him sit on her lap and play. When I lifted him up, I felt something wet and googy under my hand on the backside, just about the time Daddy said "oh look out, he has something on him." He sure had challenged his diaper and I could tell from the smell it was more than wet. Daddy offered to take him and change him and I was very glad for that. I followed my troupe to the restrooms though bc I had a hand that was in need of washing. When i exited the restroom, I saw our waitress very upset saying "I cant believe they would just walk out on the check". Oh NO. I let her know I was there and she followed me back to the table apologizing and saying she thought we had gone up front to pay (yeah right lady) after she left the table, a gentleman at the table next to me came over and said, "she thought you walked out on your check, she saw you were all gone and took off toward the door, we tried to tell her you went to the bathroom, but she didnt listen" I kinda felt bad, I mean, I had been a waitress once, but this truly was a diaper emergency. I sat and waited at the table for the rest of my family for a good 15 minutes, until daddy and little man came out of the bathroom. daddy was just in his undershirt and little man in a shirt and diaper only. I let daddy know there were clean pants in the diaper bag when I got the response "take the baby and the bag and I will meet you at the car" that is when i knew this was gonna be a good story.
Daddys Point of View (as re-told by Mommy)
Daddy took little man to the bathroom, took of his pants and found a mess down to his socks. Daddy said he had never seen so much poop in his life. He had to end up stripping him down and trying to give him a bath in the bathroom sink at the restaurant. Of course it was one of those automated sinks that the water only stay on for seconds at a time and then shuts off again. And apparently little man was being less than cooperative in getting clean and more interested in trying to play in the water. Daddy said at one point another man walked in and Daddy could only imagine what he thought. Here was a guy with poop on his shirt, a naked, poop covered baby in one sink, a diaper bag in the other sink and the changing table in direct site of the door with a poop filled diaper open and laying on it with poop smeared around. Daddy said all he could get out was "Sorry Man". I still havent figured out how the clean pants that were in the bad got dirty in this scenario, but i have learned that it is probably better not to ask. I asked Daddy why he made Mommy take the baby and bag to the car while he paid and he said it was bc he has wrapped all the poop covered clothes in his poop covered shirt and put them in the bag and they smelled and he didnt want to ruin peoples dinner. YUMMY. Daddy had Mommy in tears laughing over his version of the story in the car, and next time you see him, ask him about it, bc the story is much better when heard in person.
As for Harlan, he never once acted like anything was wrong and continued to be in a good mood throughout the whole ordeal. Never knowing the entertainment he provided us tonite
and rumor has it that little man's socks found a new home in the trash in the mens room at Red Lobster
No comments:
Post a Comment